Saturday, December 11, 2010

Guess what I did instead of work on IA? :D







When is my IA due? In 2 weeks. How much research have I done? 0. What's my topic? I dunnno. Watch me fail ♥. I feel really passionate about this MDG project and take more interest into therefore I shall work on this instead. So today I made little cupcakes and bear papers so that I can show my appreciation to those who helped my get this far into my mdg pursuit! The people who participated would sign my cute things and i'd attach them to this book i made (hahah book for universal education) and post it on the school walls so people will be aware there are good Samaritans in our school and so those who helped do better for this world will feel proud and want to help other times! YAY! I want to show them our appreciation! This took me a whole day. From school  to 1:00 a.m. NO LIE. It took me this long. I was working the whole time. Seriously, I did't take a bath or eat. I was soooooooooooooooooooooo tired after it -_____-". These were all hand made. Crafted to beauty and perfection. I made each drawing, cut and pasted each of them with care. It as tiring. Really tiring.
As always, our St. Rose MDG group came over today to work on the project. And like always.,I didn't work when they were here... I worked when they left. I swear, we get NOTHING done as a huge group. We have two days left. I'm pretty nervous. I have 9 slides of just photos and a page of script. I read it and it took me 7 minutes to go through while at normal speed. I need a few more imformation and I am COMPLETELY DONE! I  think I've actually done pretty well on this because I sound like a professional greek oracle. I sound cool. And now! I shall share more imformation I learned today. Julie had practiced her parts infront of our group and these things caught my attention...
China is reducing poverty and meeting MDG goals~ I was like 'unbelievable'. It's way to hard. But the country's economy IS rising and developing the quickest we've ever seen! SO they are having like a sort of 'Open door Policy' 1. According to MDG 2007, a landmark report issued at the halfway point of 2015, China has already reduced its hunger and nutrition levels below the regional average. In some Chinese cities the rate is close to zero. 2. Reforestation efforts in China have also helped the Asia Pacific region to register an increase of forests and the country has managed to double its energy efficiency since 1990, according to the report. 3. China is also well on track for some other indicators such as promoting gender equality and empowering women, improving maternal health and reducing child mortality.

Most Haitian people live their day to day lives like this. Do you think it's fair? I live in a 3 story house with carpeting and an actual FRAME. I don't think it's fair that I have such a wealthy home and most Haitian people live in such poverty. With Universal education being applied here. These people could have jobs, better jobs that pay more and they could get higher salaries and increase the workforce of their country, if this is done.. than the economy will become better and maybe Haiti can get a stable government for once.


    






    Every three seconds a person dies of hunger… 75% of them are children
Some of these photos were just too much. Believe it or not, this is one of the least horrible photos that I saw. Most children die every 3 seconds. I'm 14. I'm passed child. So if I were as unfortunate as to have been born in a developing country such as China or Africa, I would have died 14 years ago because of malnutrition or many other diseases that the babies are sensitive to because they cannot afford medication. It really is just so devastating that this is really happening in our world. It's just so powerful. I mean, right now most of us don't give a sh_t about these problems but what if we were in their situation? Wouldn't we want people to help us as well. I mean if I saw a homeless 30 year old on the street, i think I'd just mutter get a job of something like that, but I never realized that some people grew up with hardships that their parents passed on to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment