Saturday, December 11, 2010

Justice Film Fest & Social Movies (:

So the Justice film festival is on friday-saturday and i'm going with Monica and Jamal to find some Universal Education Videos. I went online to check for times but found NO UNIVERSAL EDUCATION VIDEOS. NO NOES! IF I GO IT'LL BE A WASTE OF TIME but I can blog about this and learn some stuff about other people's stories and about these MDGs. I look forward to going <3 I'll have fun i hope, but it's SOOOOO cold so maybe i can't go because even i won't have time since i have a billion math, social and LA homework to do -____-". Last period was social class. We watched movies! YAY! I always like social (well actually I never like Social..) because no notes! Mostly videos <3 it beats work any day P: Today we watched the "Story Of Stuff" The water bottle version story. It was talking about how water bottles are made and how they wreck the environment after they are used. It was funny how to see how corporations like Dasani and Aquafina trick people in saying their water is greater than any tap water. As a matter a fact all they use is tap water purified by a BRITA water filter.


Its unfortunate to see the affects of the environment and how badly it recylces it self. I was one of times I ever paid attention because I learned that most water bottles that were supposed to be recycled are actually shipped to developing countries and are just left there. This relates to everyone and me and well because all I drink is bottled water. I learned that I actually pay 2000% more dollars than what i could pay for the same thing. I'm trying to save the world by recycling everything but actually i'm still wrecking the world because most of what I recycle doesn't get recycled. I'll tell my mom to just use tap water from now on O:








We also watched a clip from the show 60Minutes! It was about people in Bangladesh " the hell on earth". It showed what they did with some lost boats in the sea and what they would do with them after they were used. It looked to be a horrible place to live in because there is so many toxic effects. Also when recylcing computers or tvs their are many reprecussions though.They have rare metals like gold and silver they also contain dangerously toxic materials like mercury. Its not good for the environment, children and adults and anyone for that fact.



No comments:

Post a Comment