Saturday, December 11, 2010

St. Rose Presentation Day~

Hello Hello! So our St. Rose presentation was yesterday and I think we did pretty well! We all were so cluttered. The group came to my house at 7:30 when I requested them to come at 6:00. So Vanessa came and all my work dropped therefore my cue cards were NOT in order and we had to leave quickly so I just grabbed em and tried to remember where goes where. Julie and Shilah and Jessica rehearsed quickly and we ran to the school. We saw the principal and he let us get ready. We were in the gym setting up and we all rehearsed quickly and when we did, we had an extra half hour left O: OMG our presentation was 30mins. too short SO we decided to talk REALLY SLOW. So the school called the students down and our presentation started. We were all too cluttered, especially me. I was messy. I thought i'd just wing my part and I did. 


The order of the presentation was as follows: 1.Shilah: Introduction 2. Justinne and Shilah: Poverty 3. Julie Do: Hunger 4. Vanessa: HIV/Aids 5. Janie: Universal Education 6. Ginelle: Gender Equality 7. Monica and Jessica: Child Mortality. SO Shilah did her part great and she took up only 5 minutes and then it was Julie's turn and she took up like 7 minutes and we had only a few more topics next and we had filled so far only 15 minutes. YUP, we were screwed. Vanessa's part was very nice. It took 10 minutes and people reacted to her part the best. Her facts were stunning. They really made people think. I've seen her present once and i'm still affected and hurt at stuff she said. He videos of the Orphans were the worst. I saw some kids look amazed and sad and look down. I'm happy that people are more aware because we came. I'll admit. We were pretty damn good. Next was me.


I froze & said 'ummmmmm' probably 600 times. Even my group members were mocking me when I finished. I had said all i had. I took a LOOOONG time on purpose and I found a last minute video at home in the morning and I never even watched it so I didn't even know if it was disgusting or unappropriate. I'm lucky it was because then the school would've killed me. AHAAHHAHAH. LUCKY ME. My part took a little over 13 minutes so we had enough time anyway.  Ginelle parts was one I never looked thoguh & it was really good. I learned so much new things! It really was cool because I am a girl and she was talking about how girls are restricted to ALOT of things and how they are treated so unfairly! It really was interesting since I myself am a woman. Monica and Jessica's part was cool too. I learned that a child dies every 3.6 seconds ): SO SAD ): that means i could have dies long time ago. I got depressed. Jessica's part was cut off though because we ran out of time. LOL we said we had almost 30 minutes of extra time but infact we needed about 10 more minutes. Jessica couldn't show the best part of her part and Monica's best section is now unknown to St. Rose. The conclusion or 'closing'  of our presentation was the BEST part. seriously. We quote Sauer words about when he saw Rwandan War news, all he said was 'Awe, too bad', it really was the most touching part but the whole presentation. Too bad those kids will never know. I wanted to quote it because some people looked bored in the presentation D:

No comments:

Post a Comment