Saturday, December 11, 2010

Wow. I really know nothing about this world.

     Like usual, I read my friend’s slides as we worked at my house on our St. Rose MDG presentation. Everyday I blog things I've learned about. These things are usually not the best and they're about the world problems. There is A LOT of things that I don't know about this world. Like.....

Education, especially for girls, has social and economic benefits for society as a whole. 
Educated women have more economic opportunities and engage more fully in public life, gaining the ability to speak out about abusive lives. Women who are educated tend to have fewer and healthier children, and they are more encouraged to finish schooling. Education also increases the ability of women and girls to protect themselves from the horrible disease, HIV.





More than 25 million people have died from AIDS since 1981. 
Africa has over 14 million orphans whom are diagnosed with AIDS. The number of people living with HIV has risen from around 8 million in 1990 to 33 million today. In 20 years, the number has increased by 25 million. 67% of these people live in sub-Saharan Africa hiv aids in india. The number of people infected with HIV in India has declined drastically from 5.5 million in 2005 to below 2.5 million in 2007. The main cause for the high number of people whom were infected were low literacy rates and extensive labour migration, resulting in lack of awareness and gender disparity.Vanessa showed our group this youtube video: Make Poverty History – The Orphans of Nkandla. I showed this video to all my relatives. I send it over to recommend my foreign and cousins that are here, watch it. I really was sad. How the children were crying and they have no one left. This video was amazing. It showed the everyday hardships of the majority of people on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment