Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hello~ It's social time



My ecological footprint ? A surprise. When we did it with the class, we needed about 5 earths. If I remember correctly and when I did a more accurate one at home, I got 2 earths including the one I have now.  So I took notes on everthing I threw away in a day and here goes: 1. My face pad 2. My floss 3. My tissue to wipe my mouth 4.my toilet for.. ummmm secret (; 5. My breakfast eggshells 6. My dried out pen 7. My cracker packaging.8 My transfer from the bus, 9. My sandwich plastic covering 10. My juice box 11. Another dried out pen 12. My tv dinner box 13.about 10 more cracker packaging 14. 3 Orange peels 15. 4 candy wrappers 16. Packaging for the freshly opened new package of papers. 17. Floss 18 q-tips 19.yogurt containers, 2 20.  Broken bobby pins, 3 hair ties 21. Face pad.  I arrive at the conclusion that our world will collapse. We can not see what future lies ahead. Maybe we will perfect a bio-fuel that is globally used? Or maybe we destroy thermodynamics and find a cheap way to create energy? (probably never going to happen). I threw away waaaaaaaaaaay too much things in a day, i never realized before I made this list that I could've re-used 90% of these products. I know better now, but i probably won't even re-use them even after this blog is done. If I throw away this much, then a whole billions of people on Earth must throw away more than I do or as much D:


Today, after the Remembrance celebration, half of the class was here in Mr.Alger's class. We somehow treaded off the topic of current events and went into the topic of sexism. In the end of class, it was a debate on who was tougher, the male, or the female? I'm relieved that by the end of this week, we have a four day weekend. This can either be great or horrible depending on what people got on their report cards. Judging on the amount of effort i've put it so far, I don't think it'll be too pretty. Either way i'll get scolded. My parents wants the best for me therefore I should've done as good as I did in grade 9, in the 90s, those were the good days.

On Monday we`re going to be starting a brand new look on economics and why they differ. Hayek economics apparently focuses less government control where as Keynes economics focuses on more government control These two different economic philosophies have been going head to head since the last century, the following video pretty much sums everything up.. Mr. Alger taught us about the Bear, bust and other stock vocabulary i don't know. We learned how Hayek wants less government control where rich people stay rich then make businesses and higher more people whom are not rich to work and they make money and they make their own business and it goes on and on thus Keynes wants more government control where the government makes businesses and hires people  and those people make money, get rich and make their own businesses and they hire more people and those people get that rich and than they make their own businesses and hire more people and so on ~ It goes on and on like a cycle.




No comments:

Post a Comment