Saturday, November 13, 2010

WHAT THE HECK?!

Someone didn't check ma blog. Ahem AHEM MR.SAUER. I completed all the blogs on time & they were all over 4 paragraphs and insightful. WHAT THE FUDGE?! But now reportcards are in & their's nothing i can do ): I AM VERY ANGRY. I will have a heated discussion with Mr. Sauer after school on monday ):< Oh wait... does that mean my 24 previously hard worked for blogs didn't count for anything.... even though i stayed up all night? 


Okay so in October I asked my junior high principal if it was possible for me to conduct a presentation for the ENTIRE school to watch, like in Period X. I asked Jessica, Julie, Jessica, Monica, Rizamel, Ginelle, Justinne and Shilah to accompany me. My principal said their was a very slim chance, but it was possible. That made me happy! Cause at least it wasn't a for sure NO WAY. She said that I had to send her a proposal firstly, therefore I asked the members I had recruited to make their part of the presentation. Me & Rizamel: Universal Education, Monica and Jessica: Child mortality, Shilah & Justinne & Julie: Poverty and Hunger, Ginelle: Gender Equality. We got started today~


 I was doing some research on Universal education and found out many things, like how 2/3 of women in developing countries are illterate and how some children cannot go to school because of lack of teachers and lack of supplies. This made me think. We students of Calgary have so much supplies! I mean just walk down a hallway and i'm sure that you could pick up at least 20 pens, pencils or erasers just lying around. We take it for granted, we really do. & others need it so much. I wish I knew where to start so I could help them. I'm tired of just feeling pity, I WANT HELP CHANGE THE WORLD. We have more than enough and some kids in third world countries have none! I want to make a donation box where people could donate school supplies and we could send them away. I told my mom about this plan and she told me it was better to just donate money since shipping the school supplies to haiti would cost a few hundred dollars. AWWWE ):


 I'll ask Mr. Sauer about this, but I'm pretty sure that high school children wouldn't be as excited to donate stuff like elementary students. OUR SCHOOL SPIRIT NEEDS TO BE HIGH! I would want to donate if it could fill up a classroom of supplies, not enough supplies to fill a box. That wouldn't do much. I actually think that we'll be spending more because of shipping. I think Mommy Huynh is right. I'll still pitch this with evil Sauer though. OH RIGHT! BACK TO MY PRESENTATION PROPOSAL! Okay, so I was researching and I discovered that girls can't go to school because of their periods! Since they have that 'yenno, problemoooo' they can't go to school since there are no bathrooms for the girls to clean their bizzzzzznatch. I also learned that the human body is built to live up to 190 years, therefore we all die young and people in third world countries die around the age of 30, they die even younger! This stat is so interesting! I'll remember i forever~ In the guinness world records, the longest a person lived up to was, 123 years. and wow. We're supposed to live until 190. That's just so cool!  Anyway, I told Shilah to add that to her slides. Everyone's working so hard <3 I'm so proud. Today I was just working on my part of the slides. I made 6 slides today. Since I had to cram in LA reading work as well. They're mostly photo because I know that I hate reading off slides & i'm sure the junior students do as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment