Saturday, November 13, 2010

Internal Assessment! Pursuit!

Although I am of Vietnamese descent, I don’t have a clue about why our identity is what is today. I have to admit, I have zero interest in my IA topic. I really wanted to do something i was excited about. like child soldiers or stuff about Genocide. Sorry, but i'm really interested in those kinda things but i am not an emo! I had a time limit therefore I had to chose quickly. I assume Mr. Alger wouldn't be too happy if I chose child soldiers because it is the same topic and Monica's and Riza's Two people that I talk to very much. I'm not sure if it's such a great idea that I tell a teacher that I absolutely HATE my IA topic, but I really do. Well my excuse for this topic was that I wanted to decide on something I could relate to, since anyone would be more curious and interested about their own country. I hope I gradually become more inteersted as I dig deeper in my heritage. I hope I didn't become Americanized. Haha. I actually care very much about Vietnam but this topic sounds not as cool as child soliders T____T. I had chose the ‘Vietnam War’ as my Internal Assessment topic. I’ve visited Vietnam numerous times and visited many historical landmarks but never stopped to wonder why they were created.  
I generally know that the French tried to colonize us and is probably the reason why French is spoken in some small areas of Vietnam. The only other facts I know about Vietnamese history is that, ‘Ho Chi Minh Nguyen’ was our leader for a period of time and is the main reason why many Vietnamese people have the last name ‘Nguyen’, and that the ‘Vietnam War’ was a result of American and Vietnamese tension. If my research was accurate, then the Vietnam War was a Cold War military conflict  in Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. It lasted from November 1, 1955 to May 15, 1975. This must mean that Vietnam was colonized by France but imperialized by the U.S. What I aim to discover is, because this war occurred on Vietnamese land, how did the result alter this country?  Does it somehow connect to Vietnam’s current economic situation?


I guess working hard really pays off ~ I have such  supportive classmates!! Maybe we'll make them bring their bears and show them off one day so that they can show off their supportiveness and raise awareness at the same time! They complimented and loved the bears, and that makes me very happy~. They said its so cute and soft. :D We have three bears left! When the green bears are sold out, I'll help the others (Monica, Jessie and Shilah) sell theirs. I hope to reach out to strangers too, not just my pals. Me and riza only made about 50 dollars each. I imagined higher but this will do, i really hope to raise at least 600 dollars on my own. I think that i will need to put up posters anyway, just for fun and so people know what HAS happened. There’s three more left, who knows? Things are really speeding up now though, I am putting a lot of projects into play at this time. The photo below is of me , working my ass off. seriously. I think I looked worse, because I pulled 2 all nighters in a row. Actually, I slept in Social class & was brutally scolded by Mr. Alger 4 times. ): The first time, he kicked my desk, the second time he stared for a loooong time, according to Justinne. The third time, he apparently yelled at me, and I was too sleepy to be aware and the last time, he looked like his forehead veins would burst. HAHA It was kinda funny. G'night! It's late and I really gotta sleep >_______<"




No comments:

Post a Comment