Friday, November 19, 2010

Awe Shoot. What can I do? D:


Here I am complaining, complaining that I have to do this stupid Internal Assessment assignment, complaining about school being such a drag. Whenever I open one my school books, I frown and complain knowing that I have to study… but then I see this…This little girl ... These books are her everything. She probably struggled and used all the money she had just  to buy these books for school and get an education we sometimes take for granted. At least we have the opportunity to learn. Yes the notebooks and textbooks we have might be a bore to look at and we grunt and occasionally think to ourselves “Man this shxts is boring, why do we have to learn/write this” But in the end we know why. So we could pursue our dreams, our hopes and ambitions. Even with the simple knowledge of knowing how to read and write, count and put words into a sentence, can take us somewhere, as silly as it might sound. We complain of the education that we DO have, but do we actually realize how lucky we are?
There are many children out like this little girl with the simple wish is to go to school and get an education, so they can learn to the best of their ability. We take our books for granted… but at least we have books to write on, text books to learn from. Most of this little girl’s books are ruined. It breaks my heart to know that some kids have to go through this, while most of us sit on our asses and complain about what we have/don’t have…. but look at this little girl.  More than 43 million children living in war-ravaged countries are left without the chance to go to school. 
While we always complain that we have to go to school and some kids are denied the right to go, no matter what! We don't realize how lucky we are, because we have so many chances to go. If you ask anyone, they`ll tell you that I am the #1 complainer in the world. I complain about school probably everyday. This article has changed my view. I realize and am extremely grateful for this education that I am granted. I will forever remember this and remember whenever I complain, I should actually feel pretty lucky because many other people around the world have it waaaaaaaaaay worse than me. I've told people I know to read this as well because without tumblr, i would've never known about this and I would've never learned that I am sooo lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment