Monday, November 1, 2010

Teddy Trouble .___."

Two weeks ago Riza and I, sold all 25 of our bears! YAY! It sold out without any advertisement O: People just heard about it and kept ordering! I am very happy that people were talking about our cause even outside of school~ Hopefully, this will happen for our bookmarks and cookies (: I have about 15 teddy bears at my house right now. Why? Because I need to sew names on ALL of them. Yes, I am very angry that I am required to spend 2 hours to sew one bear. Wishmae’s bear took me about 2 days. NO JOKE. Sewing is soooo hard ): I’m running out of thread quickly since I needed to redo Wishmae’s teddy like 60000000x. Therefore it is taking me a loooooooong time to complete these teddies. I’m getting so many complaints but it is very hard to find time for fun these days. I will hopefully finish sewing but November 21. I still have a lot of things to do in between those days, like mine and Riza’s bake sale coming up and our bookmark making.



Here is my bear progress. As you can see. I have a loooong way to go. But they look so cute, huh?! Yes, I am so very proud <3 I hope i'll finish soon because people are getting angry -___-".

Me and Riza decided that we needed something in order show our appreciation to the people who contributed to our purpose. I wanted to make a poster starting with 25 green bears to paste on a large poster to brag that these people lended a hand in helping initiate Universal Education so far. We would then gradually add teddies and names when more and more people buy our cookies and bookmarks. Rizamel always helps me on so many things so I insisted that she not help me on this. I planned to bring the posters, umm soon. It’s not my fault that the teachers like overloading us with so much homework and tests! IB is truly very stressful! We can still ask the people who bought to sign later. It’s not like they're going anywhere. Hehe, oh! Since me and Riza are such nice people, we are helping Shilah, Justinne and Monica sell their bears as well <3.

These and 3 other posters are nearing completion. These are the ones that will by put around the school to let them know about the importance of Universal Education.

Things to look forward to that are coming up soon:
Honk for Universal Education: November 17th (Janie, Riza, Monica, Justinne, Ginelle) Bottle Drive: November 17th –- December 10th (Group, recall from first few blogs)  
Bake Sale: November 22nd -– 26th Bookmark giveaway: To everyone who bought a bear and for advertising purposes. November 29th (Janie, Justinne, Rizamel, Monica) House to house informing: November 22th -- December 10th (Janie, Riza, Justinne, Jessica) St. Rose presentation: November 19th (hopefully) Janie, Jessica, Julie, Vanessa, Justinne, Monica, Riza, Shilah, Jomar and Jeff? Ask for church donations: November 21st –- December ___, a week before presentations Selling accessories: Initiate after group finishes selling bears. Hopefully November 22nd -- December 15th (Janie, Monica, Rizamel) Facebook chain letter: Sending on November 16 (Janie and Riza) School supplies and etc drive: Me, Jamal and Riza will be doing this and we will ask the school to support. Somewhere near the beginning of December. Raffle for Education: When me and Riza finish deciding what to give away in this event

Beware! The dates will be altered about 99% surely! Please remember to keep track of my Facebook group alrighty? Here’s my facebook site again, it is updated weekly so be sure to check
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_158866654144819

With the population having knowledge, they can raise their voices and be a part of community whereas people who don't have an education have little say and little power in the future. You can use this power to even change the world someday! Like creating a cure for cancer or maybe discovering timetravel! Who knows? I very much want to help the children of Haiti or at least contribute to giving them a chance in life. They deserve a voice in this world, as does everyone else. Here is an AMAZING video about education and the hardships some people have to sacrifice just to go, whereas we can go to school easily! All we need to do is go(and pay our school fees of course!) What luck i found this video on the first click, because these quotes are so true and they really make us (well i did) think about the importance of education and how lucky we are to receive it so easily and affordably.

No comments:

Post a Comment