Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dem God's must be Crazy 'cause they shook hands with dem Devils P:

 

This movie was hilarious~ It actually made me interested in social for once. I more deeply understand the difference in our societies now. This movie is a comparison between the western world and African bushmen tribes. It's a story about one bushmens journey to get rid of a glass coke bottle which he thought to be evil. Our reasoning for watching this video was because it connected to other novel, Things Fall Apart by Chinua AchebeThey both show a figure of westernization or colonization. It showed characters from the same continent which adds to the list. I thought it was going to be a boring movie, but turned out to be somewhat funny. Its about globalization, about how when the civilized world comes into contact with the non-civilized world. When the non civilized is expose to a cola bottle, a tribe of people started fighting about who should use it and such. Until someone of the tribe decided to throw the bottle away. This was an epic adventure of when a tribeperson meets the people of the civilized world. I recommend you watch the movie yourself, it's worth it (:

OH.MY.GOSH. This movie was just amazing. I'm so speechless~ I could go on forever about this movie! IT WAS FANTASTIC! When Mr. Sauer told us that Romeo Dallaire came to Father Lacombe, I was like "Big deal, why does it matter." But after watching this I was soo stunned. I completely take back what I said. IT IS A HUUUUGE MATTER. Romeo Dallaire is my freaking hero. How can someone be so amazing?!  I teared up so much times while watching this movie. It was soo good. I felt so sad and learn so much about the Rwandan genocide. I was heartbroken by this story. It was just so sad. I can't believe someone so evil could exist. It's horrible that some people would put money before people. Man's greed is really just a horrible thing. Honestly, if I was in Mr. Dalliare's position, I don't know what the hell I would do. I probably would've committed suicide a long time back. He's just sooo amazing. Having the guts to do so much and wanting to help strangers. He put others before himself. The world would be so great if everyone was like him. I should have been born a year earlier, then I could have met him. OMG, thanks mom ):< His story gives me the chills when I think about it. They're real and happened to people younger than me. This movie was about conflict between the Tutsi's and the Hutus. There we the rebels, which included child soldiers. The topic of child soldiers real interests me. Children waaay younger than me are taught to kill. I remember Mr. Alger saying how they put these children on cocaine and booze. I'm sure that child soliders can connect to education. But i'll do that another time. Romeo Dallaire is a peacekeeper sent to Rwanda for a peacekeeping mission. The movie is really graphic and it shows some disturbing scenes. It was a really good movie that kept you thinking. It was really sad seeing dead bodies and what Dalliare had to deal with. 

Between April 6 and July 16, 1994, 100 days - about 800,000 men, women and children were brutally killed in the country of Rwanda. Many horrifically hacked to death with machetes - were Tutsi, and moderate Hutus who supported them. A Canadian Lieutenant General, Roméo Dallaire was tasked by the UN to ensure that peace was maintained in Rwanda. He was unsupported by the U.N. headquarters and its Security Council in New York. Dallaire and the handful of soldiers with him were incapable of stopping the genocide. Ten years later of mental torture, reliving the horrors daily and more than once attempting suicide, Roméo Dallaire has poured out his soul in an extraordinary book, Shake Hands With The Devil. The top UN officials, expedient Belgian policy makers and senior members of the Clinton administration chose to do nothing as Dallaire pleaded for reinforcements and revised rules of engagement. He was convinced that, with a few thousand more troops , he could have stopped the killings. His impotence, at that time of extreme crisis, preys on his conscience still. Shake Hands With The Devil is the most powerful documentary produced about Rwandan genocide. Hard-hitting. This is for viewers throughout the world who care about human rights and international justice. I`m still in love with this movie and forever will be. The fact that it`s true, just scares me ): He is forever my hero <3 The first ever Canadian film that was good. I really need to find this DVD.



No comments:

Post a Comment