Friday, November 19, 2010

Bake Sale & excitment



So today Julie Le, Jovanna Rodney, David Nguyen and Robert Townsley had a bake sale. I was also planning to do one in December. I am still planning to do one though ~ Only Justinne Soriano, Shilah Marie Squires, Vanessa Dang and Julie Do would agree to join me ):  I don't think it'll be a great success, but just maybe... I long as I either raise awareness or make a lot of money for donations (: Anyway, I pitched the idea of making a cultural food fest where we bring foods from our country (the country that our classmates chose to focus on for the mdg project) and hand out pamphlets saying how beautiful this country was and how we should help it in the many ways it is currently struggling in, like getting primary education and helping children getting a decent meal everyday. These donations would go to my non-government organization, UNICEF.

This bake sale would be to enhance the beauty of their cultures and show that these countries are so beautiful and special and they need our help. I'm bringing Haitian fruit salad and I asked Jessica Naidu and Vanessa to bring some type of Indian and Pakistani food to sell, like maybe curry…  hahaha readers~ I’m being stereotypical NOT racist. I asked Shilah to bring nachos with guacamole and cheese... since guatemala has guatemole, i'm assuming? All 6 of us will run the best cultural food fest eva! So back on Julie’s bake sale…. It was soooo popular! So many people went and bought stuff! It really was pretty cool. I bet they made so much money. I contributed by eating their cookies & so therefore I advertised it and so I helped make it popular. The cookies and cupcakes were soooo yummy! <3 Julie said she didn't bake them though haha. She told me some strange lady went up to them the morning of the bake sale and gave her a huuuuuge box of cookies. Lucky D: I wish some strange lady would give me a huge box of cookies :3. I'm soo excited for my own bake sale Monday~ It’ll be the second thing I did to pursue~ I really DID plan on doing a lot for this pursuit but it IS getting really difficult ): I only made about 50 dollars with my bears & DIDN’T EVEN ADVERTISE IT :P Therefore I only raised awareness in my grade 10 classes. BUT some grade 11 girls bought a teddy as well~ I really hoped grade 12ers would’ve bought some though, because NO ONE knows about these bears getting sold. I’m happy it got sold out before we could even tell the school but sad because NO ONE knew about it O:


I am making a poster though! On the people who contributed to my MDG pursuit. I want make little cupcake paper things so that the people who contributed in my bake sale will get to sign it! I also forgot to include that I have started to make the rough copy of my little pamphlets already about the NGO I’m using, the purpose and the struggles of my MDG country in my bake sale pamphlets. I hope it’ll go well~ I have many friends in other classes so I will ask them to tell their friends to tell their friends and tell their other friends.  So hopefully I have no leftover baked goods .____. 

No comments:

Post a Comment