Sunday, November 28, 2010

A lonely Janie.....


Today is the day me & Monica Orozco did the honk for universal education. WAIT! I meant, we were SUPPOSED to do the honk for universal education. Ginelle Alontave wanted to go but she had plans this week and couldn't go. The rest of my friends didn’t want to go either. It probably was because Monica was there... But they should’ve gone because Monica decided to leave me hanging today. I was all by MYSELF at the mall. Like a loner. Monica is just the bestfriend eva (: I wasn’t really alone though ~ I asked my brother to come and get ocular proof so I could have something to blog about. The photo is right here, below this paragraph. I only stayed for about 20 minutes -____-“. I got too embarrassed because I was all alone and I STOOD out, so I left~ I just held up my masterpiece and walked around. Around the entrance of Sunridge mall. Not outside, I was beside West49 inside the mall :D Some people looked at me weirdly and others ignored me & tried not to look. Otherwise I hope many people noticed and read the poster. I hope my poster would affect everyone and maybe they’d think about the problems with other schools and how they can’t get primary education @___@.

Many children don’t have access to education because of reasons like: 1. Prejudice – They don’t want to go to school /others say they don’t need an education.  2. Cultural – cultural statements like:” They can get their education elsewhere” & “It’s more important to educate boys” display basically how different cultures view education. 3. Economic – They can’t afford going school or girls need to do housework at home & they need to earn money for their families. These statements explore how poverty restricts access to education. 4. Political – Some governments are unable to provide an education service for all because of obstacles like: there are not enough teachers and schools are not near their homes. 5. Debt – Developing countries need to use their money to pay interest on international loans. (With organizations like the World Bank) 6. Response from the World Bank  Money lent must be repaid. Is the World Bank positive that the money not being used is put to pay interest on loans are being used to educate children? 7. Aid – Developing countries have little voice in how international aid is to be spent. Richer countries should spend more aid money on education.


Today we conducted a three hour stress and management training session in hope of relieving any tensions which cancelled out math and science class. YAAAAAY! In the stress session, I closed my eyes and began to relax from the words spoken by our Psychology teacher for the day, who is currently on the quest of her phD. I began to feel at ease at our exercises and just fell asleep altogether. I found myself stressing even more because I was thinking about the homework due tomorrow and the 2 labs and test Monday and quiz Friday. I was going to explode. So maybe this stress management session wasn't so beneficial to me. I got a chance to review or what homework i would need to finish when I go home. But i guess I did learn so things, like how to effectively guess on a test. Hahaha, that's all for today. Bye bye for now~





No comments:

Post a Comment