Saturday, October 23, 2010

Speeding Up

(October 23)
Me, Monica and Riza picked the topics religion and colonization. We picked these 2 topics because we are doing colonization in Social class so that will help us on research for both classes. I’m making egwugwu dresses; Riza’s fixing the powerpoint and Monica’s making a poster. We are well prepared, I can’t wait. I worked real hard painting the skirts, it is going to be a full on egwugwu dress. I need to rehearse with Monica and Riza before school tomorrow at 6:30~ MDG Social- I have done nothing on my researching yet because of other work that had to be handed in right away. I will work on this on the weekends though. NO WORRIES. HAKUNA MATATA!!!! I’m have worked a little but my powerpoint is still really far from done, so don’t expect much. I’m sure everything will work out later anyway.


My facebook group is going great! Well actually, me, Jamal and Riza’s group. I post things about universal education everyday and i get comments everytime. I would like it if there were different people commenting each time so i know EVERYONE is listening but it probably won’t happen. I will make people comment by force if need be (: After making the groups, in a matter of minutes we already had 300 people!! LITERALLY! In about 20 minutes we had about 300 people. Me and riza were frantically clicking people and inviting friends to join and it was a success. People thought it was spam and deleted themselves, i got angry and made them re-join. Hopefully everyone will invite at least 3 friends so we can make 1000!!! Facebook is so awesome (: A billion facebook groups started poping up right after. I suggested the idea to Monica and she decided to make a facebook group and as soon as people saw , a MDG revolution started. I hope people will read my posts along with the others, i hope they pay attention! I’m very glad to see everyone trying to make a different in our world. The future will be bright! <3

GUESS WHAT?!

Riza and me have only 3 bears left D: I am kinda of disappointed because everybody put orders in before letting me advertise. Sure we advertised verbally but only to our classmates and friends. People for grade 12 and 11 probably don’t even know what we were trying to do. They probably didn’t know a bear project existed at all. The point was raising awareness. I kinda wanted to raise awareness to the whole school, not just our classmates and friends. But at least we fundraised alot!!!! Here are some people who bought a teddy bear.
Librarian = 1 bear
Harlene Magnaye = 1 bear
Leilani Avendano = 2 bears
Autumn Sali = 5 bears
Michael Felix = 2 bears (donated a dollar)
Vincent Vuong = 2 bears (donated a dollar)
Mrs. Anna Majczak = 1 bear
Julie Le = 1 bear (donated 5 cents)
Amber Aguilar = 1 bear
Robert Townsley = 1 bear
Diana Lu = 1 bear
Janelle Balisacan = 1 bear
David Nguyen = 1 bear
Kay Aranda = 1 bear
Jessica Naidu = 1 bear
Wishmae Antonio = 1 bear
Erine Thai = 1 bear
Jan Vincent Pana = 1 bear
THANKS YOU GUYS FOR CHANGING THE WORLD FIRST!!!! I haven’t even made the pamphlets, the bears took so long themselves.


I guess working hard really pays off ~ What supportive classmates!! Maybe we'll make them bring their bears and show them off one day that to say they believe in universal education!They complimented and loved the bears, that makes me very happy~. They said its so cute and soft. :D We have three bears left! When the green bears are sold out, I'll help the others (Monica, Jessie and Shilah) sell theirs. I hope to reach out to strangers too, not just my pals. Me and riza only made about 50 dollars each. I imagined higher but this will do, i really hope to raise at least 600 dollars on my own. I think that i will need to put up posters anyway, just for fun and so people know what HAS happened. There’s three more left, who knows? Things are really speeding up now though, I am putting a lot of projects into play at this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment