Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lift Off!

(October 6)
Today marks the day I begin to work toward my fundraising and raising awareness. Hopefully my rocket doesn't crash anytime soon (haha).


I didn't do much today but if I work a little a day at a time then it will build up to be a tremendous success! To fundraise our MDG project (our being me and Rizamel) we have decided to make pamphlets for everyone who contributed to buying our green teddy bears. Those pamphlets will include a Facebook group (Support Universal Education Please) that we encourage them to join! People who buy a teddy bears can get 50 cent cookies in our upcoming bake sale~ People who didn't buy one will have to pay a dollar, BWAHAHAH. I will make the posters since I am more artistic (HAHA, sorry Riza) and since Riza has nothing else, she will do the information searching. I made at least 4 bookmarks today. All different styles. It took me amazingly long ): i need to make at least 96 more so i can just hand out to random people (I hope they don't throw it away cause i worked so hard). I have made layouts for 6 posters and will start to work on them next week! We are selling Teddies on October 11th. We hope they will sell out quickly~ I look forward to a very promising month (:
Meanwhile, my book search has hit a wall. I cannot find my novel anywhere. I think i might switch soon if I cannot find one by the end of this month. I read quickly so I should have no problems in time, but IB is telling me otherwise. 'Three cups of tea' sound great, so i hope I won't have to find another one. I look at the Chapters near Sunridge mall & I couldn't find it. I also went to the library in downtown, because I thought it had every book into the world. But apparently, all except for that book D: Maybe I looked in the wrong category. But my mom is bring me to Cross Iron Mills on Saturday so I can search for it in the HUUUGE 'Indigo' bookstore!  
" Education is not the preparation to life, it is life itself "
Wow, I can't find the author of these words but this is a very true note. With education, we can practically do anything! An example would be Adolf Hilter. He KNEW how to persuade the government and persuade the people of Germany, (1919 - 1923) largely as a result of his skills in oratory, organization and promotion, to use violence in advancing his political objectives and to recruit party members who were willing to do the same. He was pretty smart. With the population having knowledge, they can raise their voices and be a part of community whereas people who don't have an education have little say and little power in the future. You can use this power to even change the world someday! Like creating a cure for cancer or maybe discovering timetravel! Who knows? I very much want to help the children of Haiti or at least contribute to giving them a chance in life. They deserve a voice in this world, as does everyone else.
This is an AMAZING video about education and the hardships some people have to sacrifice just to go, whereas we can go to school easily! All we need to do is go(and pay our school fees of course!) What luck i found this video on the first click, because these quotes are so true and they really make us (well i did) think about the importance of education and how lucky we are to receive it so easily and affordably.
Anyway.... ENJOY (:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGp9yd_uIZo

No comments:

Post a Comment