Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Plans are Falling Apart!

(October 14)
This blog will probably make you cry, so I hope you have 20 boxes of tissue ready ): My rocketship has crashed so early! I made so much great plans and now they are all withering away!!!! Okay so my plan to hold up posters in public and record honks given is now a ‘probably not gonna happen’ because you could get arrested for public disturbance. And we might make a distraction for people who are driving and they could get hurt because they were paying attention to us instead D: OH MY! My plan to go to St. Rose (my former junior high) is also a maybe because I asked a CERTAIN SOMEONE to go to the junior high and ask and it turns out she didn’t and when i went today, they said that it might take till November or December!!! WAHAHAHHAHA D: I really hope November, because i would like to include this activity in my December presentation! To add to that problem, me and Rizamel want to talk about our MDGs to a WHOLE SCHOOL (YEEEAAAAAH, taking it to the next level~) but other people who joined late don’t want to. They say that a whole group wouldn’t pay attention as much as a little group of just 2 classes. I think that we can get more done and raise more awareness with a Period X. I really hope they come around my idea. If the students probably won’t pay attention... then i think that the powerpoint should be more fun and cool instead! I don’t care; I will get us to PERIOD X!! NO COMPROMISE AT ALL. ALL OR NOTHING. To top this problem off, a billion St. Rose kids want to join this activity and are not pulling their weight. They are either slacking or arguing all the time! I think a big group is ‘okay’ but then we might not get our message through more easily if 20 St. Rose kids are walking around upstage. With more people, no one is working hard at all ): I read an article about a school donating a few hundred through a bottle drive at school. I thought maybe we could do this too but a whole bunch of people don’t want to and are backing out! I thought that we could raise at least 400, but now only me and a few others still want to do this. We might only raise 100 dollars though ): I’m also afraid that our teddy bears won’t sell because I surveyed a few people about if they would buy a bear if they were sold at school and none said ‘yes’ NONE. I hope my survey is wrong!!!!!
My progress so far is going great! I made up to 20 bookmarks today and my speed has increased 300%!!!!! GO JANIE!!!! I also made 2 posters and bought this reaaal nice shade of green from Dollarama~ I am also undating my facebook group almost daily now! Many people are commenting and I heard a group of people talking about it at school! I hope it wasn’t anything bad though -____-“. The facebook group is going fantastic! It was a really niiiccce idea, considering   that everyone goes on Facebook as least 1 hour a day! I and Riza verbally advertised our bears a little today, in class and around the halls. I really want to put our posters up first though, so people can just see what we are trying to do visually. But either way, our promotion is going great! I will need to step it up though, if I want my goal to be noticed and discussed everywhere!
I found a new and better NGO!
UNICEF. This is the official website.
http://www.unicef.ca/portal/SmartDefault.aspx
Here is a short video on their company’s primary goals and achievements. I think that the whole video is good but these are more important parts incase you haven’t got the time~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV7Jxt8f7kA
0:55-2:22.
There were so many more videos but you can look them up yourself. I read the titles of most and skimmed through the videos and they talked about how UNICEF has achieved effective ways of teaching in poorer countries, like Malaysia, Indonesia and Guinea-Bissau. Here’s what I found on my research!
Generally,
UNICEF was formed in 1955(United Nations Children’s Fund) is one of the best recognized charities in the world and a leading advocate for children, helping to build a world and protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has the global authority to influence decision-makers and the roots partnerships to turn life-saving ideas into reality.

“They are supported entirely by voluntary funds from governments, organizations, the private sector, foundations and individuals.”
OH MY GOSH! Government organization?! D: HAHA, that’s what i thought when i saw that but i re-read it several moretimes and realized that the government funds it too. Maybe this organization is a little too popular.....They have many events that maybe we can promote even at school and the website says that i can create my own event if i want! Maybe i should!!!! I read a little deeper and it turns out that this organization doesn’t JUST promote universal education but it also helps with health and many more too! I found some articles on Haiti but none of them were about promoting education in Haiti, and that makes me VEEEERY sad ):
“One of UNICEF Canada’s cornerstones is its Education for Development programme, which works through schools, special projects and the Internet to engage children and youth in international development issues such as HIV/AIDS, girls’ education, children and war, child labour and children’s rights.”
YAY!!! This organization is helping education in some poor countries! I’m almost certain that i’ll pick this NGO. The website is packed with info. I will post more about it on another blog next time though. BYE-BYE! 




No comments:

Post a Comment