Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Funding and Awareness Agenda!

(September 30)I literally spent hours brainstorming ideas for my pursuit. It was no doubt extremely difficult but nevertheless I managed to come up numerous activities. The previous night, I called Justinne and we conversed about how I/we could initiate promoting our goals to our community. No luck. Many of the ideas we came up with were downright impossible. Maybe we were just too excited. The following morning, Monica, Riza, Justinne and me, exchanged ideas. As a result, we formed a group where we would cooperate with each other to raise awareness and fund raise. Our activity dates  are shown below, but beware! The dates will be altered!!!!
Bottle drive: My group (we) will retrieve bottles in order to raise money to begin fund raising. We will be going to the bottle depot on October 15th.
Bake sale: We are planning on baking goods to sell at our previous and current schools.
Selling accessories: Me and Monica will produce bracelets and necklaces. We are aiming for October 18th. We hope to create at least 150.
Cultural food fest: Anyone willing to assist me with this project will attempt to make foods from the country they’ve chosen and make large posters with problems within their countries and what and how we should do to help.
School supplies/clothing/food drive: I will ask as many people available to donate to this cause. Posters will be made to clarify the purpose of each donation category.
Community chores: My group will go around their own communities to do chores while promoting their MDG to their community, like raking leaves, shovelling snow or washing cars etc.
Posters, bookmarks and flyers: I will put together 5 different posters about universal education, posting them if granted permission granted, throughout the mall, my previous and current school, train stations, poles and basically anywhere where many people might notice it. Regarding the bookmarks, I will create 3 different types, tying together education and Haiti. I will distribute them around my community.  
Church: The priest often asks for donations to a specific cause after mass. I will ask him to mention my cause.
Facebook chain letter: Utilizing this universally popular network by creating a chain letter that I will distribute to everyone, hoping that they pass on the message.
I will make a facebook group for my MDG, it will give daily updates, facts and photos
House to House: Homes within a 7km distance from mine will be disturbed on October 21st.  I will spend about 5 minutes at each doorstep describing the influences and effects universal education can grant. I will offer them a bookmark or flyer and ask for donations if possible and sell cookies too. I recently discovered that Ginelle Alontave is pursuing the same goal.  I will ask her to assist me in my vovage.
Presentations
: I assembled former Rose students and mentioned how we could go back to our junior high and present our MDGs. They all agreed to participate and voted Friday (October 15) for our presentation date. Monica suggested that we go to her junior high as well. We plan to go the Friday after St.Rose.
Teddy for a Toonie: Riza was in possession of fresh teddies waiting to be displayed in her room. She offered to have them sold for fundraising. A tray of ribbons, (colors chosen according to the MDG chart) will be available for people supporting a specific MDG to select and tie onto their teddy. My color is green.
Going international: Through our constant jokes toward Riza to return to the Philippines’ to present her goal, she took it seriously and begun to send emails to her previous social teacher. I too, have gone to a foreign school in Vietnam but only for two months in 2006. I could try to initiate this idea, although I we haven’t connected for four years, it’s worth a try.
Raffle for education! : Seeing as my goal is education, I will fill a jar with school essentials and urge people to participate in guessing how many supplies are present. There is no limit to guessing but guessing costs a dollar or a toonie. The winner will receive a prize (not yet decided, but presumably and Ipod, to attract donations). Tying this activity with universal education, each participant is required to complete a simple 10 question multiple choice quiz, about educational institutes in Haiti. This will increase their knowledge on the subject.
Honk for universal education
!!!!! :
I will prepare a large poster with the headline ‘Honk if you believe in Universal Education’. I will record the amount of time I held the poster and number of honks. Perhaps I will invite other classmates to participate in promoting their own goals. Every few hours we’ll switch `honking`topics. I plan to commence this activity on Saturday October 16th , from 10:00a.m to 5:00p.m. I have yet to pick a location.

Any of our activities (honking for.., raffles,etc) or sold products (cookies, accessories, foods) will include pamphlets or flyers regarding our MDG and country. They will include a Facebook group link to join, supporting our goals. Evidence will be provided for all of these activities. The money collected will be delivered to my NGO organization. Hopefully, all of these plans will be successful and completed before October 25th. Knowledge is key! Wish me luck!!
(http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_158866654144819)

No comments:

Post a Comment